The Tucson Festival of Books inspires me each year, and the 2013 event was no different in that regard. I am still sifting through my notes and compiling my “must read” list.
Some of the highlights:
- Listening to Vaunda Micheaux Nelson, author of “No Crystal Stair: A Documentary Novel of the Life and Work of Lewis Michaux, Harlem Bookseller” speak at the “Creating Fascinating Stories about Real People” panel.
- Discovering Worlds of Words at the University of Arizona
- Meeting my SCBWI advisor face-to-face for the first time
- Taking home a stack of great books
- Learning about a handful of new writing resources
- Having Georgeanne Brennan sign her stellar book, “Salad of the Day”
- Compiling a new reading list based on panel recommendations (I love reading lists!)